Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Continuing the mochi

Yesterday I was inspired to make orange mochi.  About halfway through, I decided to add fresh mint from the garden, because, well, that's a superb idea!

I made it, and then had to turn right around and come up with an afternoon treat for a friend who was stopping by (and I promised her food).  What I came up with were strawberry tiramisu crepes to use up the last bit of tiramisu ingredients.  They were...okay... until I decided to drizzle chocolate sauce over them.  Then the crepes became incredible.  Sorry, no recipe, as I used up what I had in the fridge.

Before the friend left, the manfriend came home, so dinner preparations began.  Dinner consisted of mushroom crepes and and a mayo-free warm version of potato salad...(more on that later).

All of which prevented me from taking pictures of the mochi before it was gone.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make more.

Orange mochi:
1/2 cup mochiko
1/4 c sugar
3-4 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp fresh mint
Cornstarch for dusting cutting board

Mix all ingredients except mint in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave in 60 sec. increments until mochi is elastic and transparent.  Mix in mint.  Drop mochi onto cornstarch dusted cutting board and roll to desired thickness.  Cut into bite sized pieces with knife, or mini cookie cutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment