Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crepes

Sweet, savory, it doesn't matter.  I have a love affair with crepes.  A couple of years ago, the manfriend bought me passionfruit out of the goodness of his heart to make me happy.  I turned the fruit into passionfruit curd, and passionfruit crepes were born (in my world).

I haven't made it since, as I'm sure it's horrible for me.  But crepes are still good, no matter their filling.  My favorite was the passionfruit crepes, but the manfriend's favorite is Nutella.  Just smear on some while the crepes are still hot, add a light dusting of powdered sugar, and you have a great snack/breakfast/dessert.

Tiramisu crepes are also good heavenly.

In the savory field, I have made stir fry and tossed it inside a crepe, or mushroom and asparagus for the manfriend. (He loved them.)

There are a ton of crepe recipes out there...so I'm add mine to the list.

Basic crepes:
1 c flour
2 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 c water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Whisk eggs, water, milk, and vanilla.  Slowly add remaining ingredients.  Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.  Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Lightly grease skillet with butter.  Pour batter into skillet (approx. 1/4 cup) and tilt pan to spread batter into a large circle.  Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden in color, then flip and allow the second side to brown 1-2 minutes.

Remove from skillet, place filling near center, and fold into fourths.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cheese if desired, and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment