Monday, October 24, 2011

Coconut bars

The favorite treat of the manfriend, and most people I've shared it with.  This dessert features walnuts (or pecans if you prefer), coconut, chocolate and butterscotch.  I usually hate butterscotch, but in this dessert, I love it.  Nuts are also something I typically omit from my desserts...they're good...they just don't belong in sweets.  However, once again, I prefer this with the nuts.

Ingredients:
12 oz (2 packets) chocolate graham crackers
1/4 c sugar
3/4 c butter
*1 c chocolate chips
*2/3 c butterscotch chips
*4 oz walnuts
*8 oz sweetened flaked coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk

*I'm kind of guessing on the amounts.  I just sprinkle enough over the top to make a layer...adding extra of what I really want and less of what I don't.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line glass baking dish with parchment paper.  Crush graham crackers and add melted butter.  Stir to mix completely.  Press into bottom and up sides of baking dish.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool (about 20 minutes).  Sprinkle chocolate and butterscotch chips and pecans over crust.  Drizzle condensed milk over mixture.  Add a layer of coconut.  Return to oven until coconut is toasted, about 10-15 minutes.  Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment