Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mushrooms in phyllo

Because I am somewhat scatterbrained and get easily distracted when someone comes home early, we do not have a picture of the final product. But oh well. Supposedly this is pretty tasty, and was one of the main ideas that convinced me to buy the phyllo dough calling to me at the supermarket.

"Rebecca, Rebeeeeecca...buy meeeee!"

Okay, okay. So I did.

Plus, I need to come up with a way to use the mound of mushrooms the manfriend bought at Costco. I don't like them, all dark and slimy. However, I don't begrudge those who do like them, and I refuse to let the mountain of them go bad.

Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 large onion, finely diced
5 cups sliced mushrooms
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup white whine
6 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 oz feta
2 sheets phyllo
olive oil for brushing

Preheat oven to 375.

Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onions. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, thyme, and wine. Cook until tender. Remove sprigs of thyme.

Let cool. Add feta.

Layer two sheets of phyllo, brushing with olive oil in between. Cut sheets in half lengthwise. Place half of mixture 2 inches from end of half of the phyllo. Fold sides in, and fold mixture down length of phyllo. Place on greased baking sheet. Lightly brush with oil.

Bake for 15 minutes until phyllo is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment