Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mayonnaise free potato salad

The colors, the Dijon, the shallots, mmmmm...
This dish is to die for. I can't stop eating it. I can't stop making it. And hey, it's almost healthy, right?

1 lb. bite sized potatoes*
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 medium shallot
1/2 cup chopped parsley
Pepper to taste

Scrub potatoes and place in large pot. Cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain in a colander and set in the top of the pot to cool.

Whisk olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Once potatoes can be handled, slice them in half and place in large bowl. Drizzle dressing over potatoes and stir gently to coat. Toss in shallots and parsley and stir again. Add pepper to taste.

Serve warm.

So, go make some. And send some to me!

*I use a mix of potatoes I found at Albertsons and Costco...purple, red, and brown...not only does it taste good, it's beautiful to look at.

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and beautiful. I will definitely have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I tried this and it was great, but I've got a couple of questions... Yours appears to have mustard seeds. Is that just part of your dijon, or do you add them? And how much (measurement wise) is a medium shallot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mustard seeds are part of my Stone Ground Dijon mustard. As for size of shallots...if I buy them at the farmers market, I like to use two, because they're small. If I grabbed them at the grocery, I use one on the smaller size...probably about 1/4 cup?

    ReplyDelete